Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Terrible Yellow Eyes

The kids LOVED all the wonderful artwork collected at Cory Godbey's "Terrible Yellow Eyes" blog (...now see here)

They were inspired to try their hand at Where the Wild Things Are:


by Isaac, age 10
watercolor


by Gracie, age 8
pencil


by Lily, age 6
cut paper

Update: Cory included the kids' pictures on the Terrible Yellow Eyes site! The kids have no concept how cool that is to be included alongside such amazing artists, but Dad sure does... Some of my long-time heroes are in there. Check it out here in the June 19th post.

8 comments:

illustratethis said...

These are lovely! Well done! I especially like the cut paper...I away want to have a go but I'm not very good at it!

voz said...

Wow. These are all so great. I love how they're different styles and media, but obviously from the same source of inspiration. You guys are awesome.

matt dawson said...

AMAZING work!!! Congratulations on the posting on terrible yellow eyes, all three pieces are perfect!

Anonymous said...

A great contribution, all are beautiful!!! each one in his style
: 0
Congratulations Lily, Gracie and Isaac!

PS. Lily, I cut paper too!
: )

Gwendolyn said...

I came here after I saw the kids' work on TYE--got me more excited than that of the pros! It's such a great thing to see the freshness that can only come out of children.
So glad Cory included them :)...he's a fantastic guy :)

Anonymous said...

the bottom cut out one is amazing

Unknown said...

I just found your blog after reading TYE! I love the artwork! Tell everyone to keep up the good work!

Jennifer DeDonato said...

This is such great work. I am a paper artist also. Keep up the great work.